Saturday, January 29, 2011

My One Word

This month, K-LOVE has been talking about My One Word. The premise is that instead of making a laundry list of resolutions, think of one word that sums up your hopes for 2011. That's right up my alley; I'm notorious for compiling an impressive list of resolutions only for them to be all but forgotten by March.

People have called into K-LOVE and shared their words. And their words are great - abide, compassion, faith, love, and thankful are just a few.

I was having a hard time coming up with my word. I want it to be powerful, encompassing, and personal. I want it to center on an area of my life that I feel is in need of an overhaul.

A guest pastor came to our church a year or two ago. He said he was asked "If he could sum up Jesus' ministry in one word, what would it be?" His reply? Others.

Once others popped into my mind, I knew it was supposed to be my one word.

So here we go, 2011. Others it is.

2 comments:

Miri said...

I love this idea! And I love your word and the story behind it. Not sure what my word would be. . .

Lee and Suze said...

It took me a while to come up with it. There are a ton of words that would have been great, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just a 'generic' one word. I wanted it to be personal and I wanted it to push me out of my comfort zone. Which is a horrifying thought.