Tuesday, May 01, 2012

April 2012 - Recap

My darling rascal,
A running joke between Bob and me is that there's nothing funnier than a four-year-old girl. Well, in keeping with your over-achiever-ness, there might be nothing funnier (or more maddening - can't forget maddening ... but I digress) than a three-year-old girl. Or, more specifically, MY three-year-old girl.

This is your current favorite joke:

Knock knock
[Who's there?]
What do a wooster and a doggie say?
[Ummm ....]
Cockadoodle bark

While the joke doesn't make complete sense, it cracks me up seeing how it cracks YOU up.

For the past month or so, you've had flowers waiting for me when I pick you up from Mothers' Day Out. And by 'flowers', I mean 'flowery-looking weeds". And let me tell you, they're the most beautiful flowery-looking weeds I've ever seen. Apparently, you spend a chunk of your playground time walking around, scouting out some flowers for me. And when I pick you up, your teacher gives you the Dixie cup o' flowers to give to me. You get so excited, and I promise from the bottom of my heart that I treasure these flowers. They're perfect. They might be covered in dirt and bugs, but I don't care. They're from you. Therefore they're beautiful.

You still love to sing Hark the Herald Angels Sing. Yes, it's May. But who cares? Who can resist hearing Christmas diddies in the spring with lyrics like this:
Hark the heh-wuld angels sing
Gwoh-wy to the newborn King
Peace on Earth and mercy mild
God and sinners, reconciled
Joyful all ye nations rise
Join the twi-vumphs of the skies
With an-jel-ees pose pwo-cway
Cwyst is born in Beth-wa-hem

You also like to sing "I May Never March in the Infantry", "Jesus Loves Me", and "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" sung to the tune of Hark the Herald Angels Sing.

You had your first real dentist appointment this month. You had seen the dentist early last year, but it wasn't for an official checkup. You did so great last year and I hoped you'd do just as well this time. You were a little nervous, but God bless the dental hygienists - they were so sweet to you. You brought your stuffed puppy with you to the appointment, and the hygienists gave your puppy a cleaning first to show you what they were going to do when it was your turn. You didn't want to lie back in the chair for your cleaning, so they let you sit in my lap while they did it. When the dentist came in, you decided laying down was going to be okay. You gripped your puppy with one hand and squeezed mine with the other. The dentist sang a little song to you and commented on how pretty your 'princess teeth' were. You were cavity free (see? Me being an un-fun mom and not letting you eat candy hardly ever finally paid off!) and were walking out of his office proudly holding a sparkly toothbrush and two princess stickers after a whopping 15 minutes. If anyone needs a pediatric dentist recommentation in Pensacola, I can't say enough good things about Dr. Bonnin.

Your prayers are so, so sweet and they make me smile from head to toe. I try really hard not to giggle because I don't ever want you to feel as if I'm making fun of you, or as if your prayers aren't 'good'. Your prayers are perfect, and they are an excellent, living example of what it means to have faith like a child. You thank God for anything and everything, and I know God enjoys every word. What's neat is that you pray completely different when Daddy puts you to bed versus when I put you to bed. When Daddy puts you to bed, you want him to help you with what words to say. When I put you to bed, you (usually) pray by yourself. You always thank God for the day and for His love. Then you procede to kick it Old-School-Wheel-of-Fortune-Bonus-Round style. I understand you probably don't even know what Wheel of Fortune is, regardless of Old School or New School, so let me explain about this particular bonus round. Waaaaaaay back in the dark ages (like the '80s), the bonus round of Wheel of Fortune involved the big winner getting to buy prizes with his/her prize money. The home audience would see a big room full of furniture, electronics, art, and whatnots. The contestant's face would appear in the corner of the TV screen and you'd see him/her scanning the room, deciding what to buy. The dialog went something like this: "I'll take the white wicker dinette set for $800 ... and the ceramic dog for $100 ... and the toaster oven for $170 ..." Would you like to see a video? Well I just happen to have a video! Enjoy:

[Side note - I totally laughed at the 10" TV] Okay, so the scene's been set. You scan your room and thank God for what you see. "Thank You God for my cwothes dat I wear outside ... thank You for my Yeggos [Legos] dat I play with when I get sent to my woom [room] ... thank You for my Emmo [Elmo] chair dat I sit in when I weed [read] my stowwies ... thank You for my dwesser [dresser] that I put my undies in ... thank You for my stuffed aminimals [animals] that I seep [sleep] with ... thank You for my bean bag chair dat I yand [land] on when I jump off my bed ... " Precious, no? And please know that if I had kicked it Old-School-Wheel-of-Fortune-Bonus-Round style when picking daughters, and I had had a room full of goofball girls to pick from, I would have spent every penny of my prize money on one particular goofball girl. You are my Old-School-Wheel-of-Fortune-Bonus-Round grand prize.

Hugs and smooches,
Mommy & Daddy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Headlines from May 1, 2012:
  • Mark Zuckerberg's New Life-Saving Facebook Tool
  • More Babies Born Addicted to Opiates
  • 'Octomom' Files for Bankruptcy
  • Jessica Simpson gives birth to baby girl
  • Anarchists Plotted to Blow Up Cleveland Bridge: FBI
  • OBL One Year: NYC Security Surge, Body Bomb Worry

No comments: