Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Month 29 - Recap

My sweet Batman,
You have officially decided that you are, in fact, Batman. For a week or so, you kept calling yourself 'Matt-ban' but you eventually figured it out. Whenever Natalie wants to play 'Frozen' with you, you insist on being Batman. I've seen Frozen approximately 298 times, and I'm quite sure Batman doesn't make so much as a cameo in the movie, but that doesn't matter to you (or to Natalie either). She's always Elsa and you're always Batman-Anna (Bat-manna ... ha!).

In addition to being Batman, you've also decided to whine and pout about EVERYthing. I'm no superhero expert, but I don't think part of Batman's costume includes a giant pair of Pouty Pants. I need to go back to Natalie's recap when she was your age to see if she turned into a whiny sourpuss at this age, too. Because DUDE, kid. Other than "I'm Batman!", your favorite phrases this month have been "Nooooo!", "Waaaaaaaah!", and "I caaaaaan't!". I don't think this is abnormal for a two-year-old; neither is my feeling that you're a giant goober for being such a whiny-face this month.

You liking baths was short lived. You're back to screaming like we're bathing you in fire ants. *sigh*

Natalie loves telling you the rules. And you finally feel it's high time for you to do the same to her. Case in point: If Natalie is playing with a toy that you want, you'll walk right over to her and try to take it. When Natalie protests, you say "Share, Nattie!" And when Natalie says (screeches) to you "Charlie, no! I'm still playing with it! You can play with it when I'm done.", you say "Kind tone, Nattie! Be kind!" This, clearly, only results in tears from both of you, but it (secretly) makes me giggle.

You rub my back when we hug. You say "I yuhve you, Mommy" a lot. You pat my head when I have a headache. You latch onto my leg when I'm in the kitchen. You are so good for my heart, my sweet bear. And I can sleep easy knowing that if I ever come across the Joker, I'll be safe with you.

Hugs and smooches,
Mommy & Daddy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Headlines for April 9, 2014:
  • At Least 20 Injured After Stabbings at Franklin Regional High School in Pennsylvania
  • UConn Defeats Kentucky to Win Men's NCAA Basketball Championship
  • '19 Kids & Counting' Star Jill Duggar is Engaged
  • New Underwater Signals Detected in Flight 370 Search Area
  • Zoo Names Polar Bear Cubs in Germany - Nela and Nobby
  • Low Wages, Long Commutes = Stressed Out Workers

No comments: