Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Month 31 - Recap

You've been quite the Momma's boy this month. And I'm complaining about this 0% - I'll gladly take all the extra snuggles, extra kisses, and extra time reading to you before bedtime. But with this Momma's Boy Thing going on, it's meant more tears when I drop you off at Sunday School ("I miss you when you at big chuh'ch"), an inability to go anywhere (even the playroom) without me coming along, and a face-crumpling sadness when you're in your crib for bedtime. When Daddy puts you in your crib, you poke out your bottom lip and say "I miss Mommy. *big sigh*" (Though on the flip side, when I put you in your crib, you say "I miss Daddy"). You're pretty bummed out at night in your crib. We come into your room no fewer than three times at night to calm you down and reassure you that we're not going anywhere and we're not doing anything fun in the living room without you. You're rarely convinced (and for good reason - Daddy and I bust out the ice cream and chocolate after you and Natalie go to bed.)

You've graduated from calling Natalie "Na-nee" to "Na-nee-wee". It's precious. Know what's NOT precious? That you have YET to graduate from screaming like a crazy person when bath time rolls around. All I have to do is SAY the word 'bath' and you immediately start panicking, whining, and crying. You've also graduated from liking the water coming out of the hose to being deathly afraid of the water coming out of the hose. You'll come around eventually, right?

You like to pretend to go to work. Like, right now, you're walking around the house with the UNO Moo barn announcing to the empty living room that you're going to work ('woke'). And that you're going to 'pway wiff my fwends'. If getting a job means that you can make for being a total mooch for the past two-and-a-half years, then I'm all for it. I bet the salary for someone rolling UNO Moo animals across the floor is pretty sweet.

You and Natalie have been quite the bickering duo this month. She wants you to play a certain way; you don't like that way. She only wants you to chase her; you only want her to chase you. She wants to play Barbies; you want to play trucks. She draws a lot; you walk on her drawings a lot. I'm trying to explain that you two don't necessarily have to play the same thing, that playing NEAR each other is fine, too. Neither of you thinks that idea is acceptable. Know what I say to that? Hmph.

This hasn't been the easiest month. It seems like everybody's nerves are shot and the insufferable humidity certainly isn't helping our dispositions (or hair). Nobody ever said this parenting gig was easy, but I'm quite sure this rough month won't cause you to end up on a therapist's chair when you're older. This is where God's grace fills in the (many) missing pieces I have in my quest to have a more gentle (and less yell-y and easily annoyed) disposition. I'm on a mission to continually point you (and myself) to Him, because, duh, He's way better than I am.

Hugs and smooches,
Mommy & Daddy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Headlines for June 9, 2014
  • Married Couple Guns Down Three, Including Two Las Vegas Police Officers
  • Tracy Morgan Improving, But Still In Critical Condition After Weekend Car Crash
  • FBI Awaiting Confirmation of Hezbollah Leader's Death
  • Down and Out: Cantor to Resign as House Majority Leader
  • What, Me Fat? Most Americans Don't Think So, Poll Finds

No comments: