Sunday, April 03, 2016

March 2016 - Recap

My sweet girl,
You went to your first play this month - you and I (along with some friends) saw a production of Cinderella. I didn't warn you in advance that it was Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella and not Disney's Cinderella (there's a pretty big difference when you're seven ...) but you loved it. You were a little disappointed that the fairy godmother didn't bust out with Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo but the abundance of beautiful twirly dresses and puffy sleeves distracted you from the absence of all the 'Salagadoola mechicka boola ...' You bounced up and down in your seat and squealed when Cinderella spun around and her shabby dress suddenly changed into a beautiful gown, you tried to sing along to every song (even though you had never heard any of the songs before), and you clapped as the prince and Cinderella got married ("How romantic!"). It was the ultimate girl date with my best girl.

Daddy and Charlie were notably absent from attending the play. I thought it'd be fun for us to have a girl date, and the boys had a great time hitting things with tools, fixing Charlie's bike, and dunking chocolate chip cookies into a tub of Cool Whip. It sounds like the ultimate boy date with my favorite boys.

You've recently been having a super hard time not getting your way and I've been having to constantly remind you that you're not the queen of the world.  "But I just want everything to go my way!" "I understand. But the world doesn't work that way. The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be." This answer does not please you and is often met with sighs and pity parties. This response does not please me and is often met with me fighting the urge to lose my ever-loving mind.

You've conquered two new things in gymnastics. I wish I could remember their technical names, but alas, I cannot. So I shall call them by my funnier-made-up names. You can now do a complete 360* flippy-doo on one of the low bars and you can also do a back-kickover-thingie-while-lying-on-a-box. I am so immensely proud of you. You've tried for months to figure out these two moves. Give me a few months and maybe I'll learn the technical names of these moves (or maybe not ... funny names are pretty great, too).

Hugs and smooches,
Mommy & Daddy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Headlines for April 1, 2016:
  • The Coolest Parents in the World Celebrate a Decade of Wedded Bliss (and Sarcasm)
  • Clinton Knocks Sanders Over Response to Trump's Abortion Comments
  • 2 Killed After Amtrak Train Hits Backhoe, Derails
  • 1st Passenger Flight Leaves Brussels Since March 22 Attacks
  • Secret Service agents reportedly catch intruder trying to jump White House fence
  • 'Officer Froo Froo' the Drug-Sniffing Cat Assists in April Fool's Day Prank

No comments: