Monday, August 01, 2016

July 2016 - Recap

My best girl,
July finally came which meant it was time for your bi-yearly dental visit. Which meant it was time for my bi-yearly reminder from your dentist that I'll need to spend a boatload of money for the boatload of orthodontia that your mouth (and Charlie's mouth) requires. You were both cavity-free, so that was pretty great. We celebrated by getting an ice cream cone. HA.

July finally coming also meant that it was time for art camp! You had two weeks of art classes this month, a week of black and white classes and a week of color classes. The classes were held at a local art studio - the kind of place where you bring a bottle of wine and a gaggle of girlfriends and an artist take everyone through the steps of painting a picture. Obviously the kids camp was sans wine but your teacher did a wonderful job of introducing you to the basics of drawing and painting, and walked your class through the steps of drawing and painting several pictures. You learned about shading and perspective, experimented with charcoal and watercolors, and filled your art book full of pictures of balls, jellyfish, and boats. Oh my. And teddy bears, gymnasts, and dresses. Oh my.

I'm your mom so clearly I'm 100% biased, and I know nothing about art so my opinion is essentially 100% worthless, but your I'm super-duper impressed with several of your drawings. My favorite is your charcoal drawing of a boat. Your brother/critic likes to tease you about drawing two boats but clearly brother/critics no nothing about reflections. Cuz, duh.


Keep it up, kid. Momma wants a sweet retirement home when she gets older.

Hugs and smooches,
Mommy & Daddy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Headlines for August 1, 2016:
  • Cellphone videos sought in deadly balloon crash
  • U.S. Launches Airstrikes on ISIS Stronghold in Libya
  • Expert to Rio Athletes: 'Don't Put Your Head Under Water'
  • Mike Pence Rally Interrupted by Protesters, A First for the VP Candidate's Campaign
  • Get ready: The election under 100 days away
  • 'Sharknado' rides marketing wave back to Syfy in latest sequel

No comments: