Wednesday, March 01, 2017

February 2017 - Recap

My sweet princess,
You're in our church's musical, and if there's ever been something that seems tailor-made for my singing-and-dancing-and-twirling-and-flair-for-the-dramatic little peach, it's a musical. To say I'm excited to see the performance is a huge understatement.

I love that you like to talk about things. Recently you've wanted to talk about your dream home. So while we eat dinner, we go around the table and we each say one thing we'd love to have in our dream home. So based on this game I learned this about you: you'd like a big backyard with a swimming pool and a swingset. And you want a big desk in your bedroom full of your pens, pencils, markers, and crayons - all organized into cute little bins and buckets. In case you were curious, Charlie's dream home would also include a pool, but it would be made completely out of Legos. And he, too, would have a big desk, but, again, it would be made completely out of Legos. And one of the drawers in the desk would be filled completely with --- you guessed it --- Legos. Mommy and Daddy both want a big kitchen, I want an actual laundry room, lots of crown moulding, and a giant shower, Daddy wants a big(ger) yard.

I so treasure the time you and I can have our one-on-one time. The older you get, the more important and precious (and perhaps rare) this time will be. I love hearing your thoughts (that you want lots of fun bins and buckets to organize your craft supplies made my heart sing), your story ideas, your original songs, how to handle difficult (but inevitable) situations - I love it all.

You are fascinating, my dear girl, and I pray that one day you and I can spend a lazy afternoon in our pool, talking about everything and nothing, then dry off with towels we got from the dryer located in an actual laundry room, then go eat some yummy snacks in the big kitchen of our dream home. But for right now, I love talking to you while we eat snacks in our not-so-big kitchen, and look out the window and watch the silly squirrels play in our pool-less backyard.

While a giant shower, a big kitchen, and a laundry room would be nice, a dream home is wherever my people are. So my dream home is right here with you three.

Hugs and smooches,
Mommy & Daddy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Headlines for March 1, 2017
  • PricewaterhouseCooper Accountants Behind Oscars Flub Booted From Show
  • Lego Making 'Women of NASA' Figures
  • Two Women Charged in Kim Jong Nam's Death by VX Nerve Agent
  • Oprah Hints at White House Run Against Trump
  • Dow Soars 300 Points, Closes Above 21,000 for the First Time

No comments: