Thursday, May 16, 2019

2018-2019 School Year - Charlie's Recap

The Bear is now in second grade!

The first day of school (which was the first day of our homeschool tutorial) began with you not wanting me to leave you. Your face crumpled up and you clung to my neck, furiously regretting your decision to get in the car that morning. Fast-forward to the end of the year and instead of a crumple-y face, you had a sticky, cotton candy-y face plastered with an enormous grin. I knew you’d love it. And I also knew you’d have to come to that conclusion in your own time (which only took about two weeks).

You blazed through your math book this year. You still maintain that you don’t like math, that you just happen to be really good at it. (I gave you a side-eye as I typed that). Your handwriting improved a lot this year, too. I wish I had started it at the beginning of the year and not just a few months ago, but I had you write a journal entry every day and draw a picture about what you wrote. You could write about whatever you wanted to, but well over half of your entries had to do with Star Wars.

You can read really well, but it’s our little secret. I won’t tell anyone. You have yet to really enjoy reading anything other than your Lego magazine, books about Legos, books about Star Wars, and books about Lego Star Wars. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Or Death Star. Whatever.

Now let's go and build a Lego beach (because, let's face it, that's really the only kind of beach I enjoy) because IT'S SUMMER VACATION TIME!

Hugs and smooches,
Mommy & Daddy

No comments: