Sunday, April 01, 2007

1 Down, 59 to Go!

I can't believe we've already been married a year. It's been such an awesome year.

Lee sent me flowers at work on Friday morning. So fun!


Before church on Sunday, we exchanged gifts. I gave Lee a Japanese Magnolia tree for us plant in our backyard. It was my roundabout way of keeping the 'paper anniversary' tradition.

close-up of the pretty flowers

Lee's present to me was the coolest paper anniversary gift ever - a customized print of the 17th Avenue Graffiti Bridge.
(look closely at the center of the bridge - !)

After church, we went to Sunday Brunch at Skopelos - the scene of the crime ...
Thankfully, the weather a year ago was much prettier than it was today


After brunch, we went home to take a nap (Lee knows me so well ...). When we woke up, Lee was telling me that he felt really sick, that something he ate must not have agreed with him. He asked me to run to Tom Thumb to get him a Sprite. I, being the concerned wife, happily obliged.

When I got back home, after getting him three different drinks AND crackers, I see Lee's April Fool's joke: all my luggage is laid out on the sidewalk, with a note that said "It's not me ... it's YOU". Thankfully the luggage was empty ... though he said that won't be the case next year :) Very well done on his part. Lee - 1; Suze - 0.

And we ended the night with a piece of the slightly freezer-burned, but still surprisingly tasty top part of our wedding cake. Kudos to J's Bakery and my mom's outstanding wrapping abilities.

I'll start thinking now about next year's April Fool's joke ...

1 comment:

Eric said...

Eric was very amused with Lee's April Fool's joke. He got a good laugh out of it. I think you guys are such a wonderful match, and I'm really happy for you. I love those trees, and it will be fun to watch it grow in the years to come. You are both very thoughtful.