Monday, July 13, 2009

Food #2

Avocado = winner!

I think the texture weirded her out a bit since it's thicker than the squash, but she ate almost half of the avocado.

In the baby food book I have (thanks, Jess!), it mentions someone saying that people might be able to live on avocado alone. Interesting ...

I'm also giving her some water in between bites of food and she seems to like that. Her pediatrician recommended that I give her water in a non-spillproof sippy cup (as opposed to a bottle). I didn't think it'd be that hard to find a non-spillproof sippy cup, but apparently they don't exist. Even the cheapo ones at Big Lots were spillproof. So I bought the cheapest spillproof one I could find - and it sort of does the trick. But it's not great. Grr ...

5 comments:

jamie and jeremy said...

Buy one of those spillproof ones that has the plastic insert inside that makes it spillproof and just take that part out.

Jess said...

That's exactly what I was gonna say. You can take the spill proof part out, and that will work. We did the same thing. Both of my kids skipped bottles and just had sippy cups. (On a separate note, I like to put the spill proof part back in if they are in the car ... ). :)

Lee and Suze said...

You two are so clever!

The Rudegeairs said...

At the risk of sounding like a moron, why not spillproof?

Lee and Suze said...

Dee - I asked her pediatrician the same question! She aid that Nat might not know quite yet how to suck the right way to get anything to come out of a spillproof cup.