Thursday, August 19, 2010

Weekly Natalie - Week 82, 83, 84

No, I couldn't be any more of a blog slacker if I tried.

Okay, after this week I'm getting back into a more normal routine. Finals, several quick out-of-town trips, and just general craziness supplied by my kid have been going on the past weeks. But the hectic pace of my summer classes are over (and I got two As - woo to tha hoo!). So I can finally take a breath.

And while I'm enjoying taking deep breaths again, here's a semi-recent picture of my pumpkin head.


Side note: someone recently told me that she was impressed with how advanced Natalie was. She went on and on about how she was walking and running so well, listening to me so well (ha!), and following directions so well. I thought that was really nice of her to say! And then she says "Your daughter's, what? 12 or 13 months old?" Ahh, there we go. I suppose that yes, she would be an advanced 12- or 13-month-old if she was doing then what she's doing now. When I told the woman that Natalie was actually 19 months, her jaw dropped. She commented on Nat's baby face and how she would have never guessed she was that old.

I didn't realize it, but now that I think about it, yes, Natalie's plagued with a baby face just like her momma. The only reason I don't get mistaken for a 12-year-old is that there aren't many 12-year-olds who are six feet tall.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, I know just what you mean. Me, with the super baby face, and my youngest son inheriting said super baby face. And, like you, the reason people don't often mistake him for a younger child is that he is WAY tall. ;) Love you!!

jessie said...

The inclusion of such a cute picture earns you forgiveness for not blogging for three weeks. ;) That's how it works! LOL

Miri said...

Heck, you're doing better than I am at updating your blog! I'm averaging one a month. . . and I don't have a 19 month old child!