Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Month 34 - Recap

Oh, my silly little goober,
You are just the epitome of sweet. When you enter a room, you do so with a "Well, HI!" to whoever is there. You give Natalie a hug when it's only been 10 minutes since you've last seen her. You always sit thisclose to whoever you're sitting next to at a restaurant. You like holding my hand. As you get older, I hope you still hold on to that sweetness. It does wonders for your old mom.

You sometimes forget to say the S on some words. (ie: 'stop' is usually 'top'.) But all we need to do is say "with an S" and you say it correctly. The other day, you asked me to read 'The Monster at the End of This Book' to you. You handed me the book and had this (totally fake but nevertheless cute) scared look on your face, and you said "Oooh, Mommy! Dere's a cawwy [scary] monster in this book!" I laughed and said "With an S, please!" Do you know what you said? Do you?? You got on this sly little grin and said "Dere's a cawwy smonster in this book!" A cawwy smonster. CAWWY. SMONSTER. That you and Natalie have such rad senses of humor (sense of humors? senses of humors? English is hard, man.) is one of my most favorite things about life.

The last time we were at the pool, it seemed like you were trying to get my attention. You were paddling along the length of the steps and I was helping Natalie with something.

You: (hollering) Bay-BAY!
Me: (giggling) What did you just call me?
You: I not CALL you. I was just singing.
Me: Oh yeah? What were you singing?
You: I was singing Bay-BAY!
Me: What song?
You: The Bay-BAY song! From the Cobby Show!!!

Here it is, the Bay-BAY song, from the Cobby Show:


While it's still a shame you are plagued with Nighttime Broken Arms that prevent you from pullling up your own blanket if it falls off, you seem to have been blessed with Nighttime Ability to Always Put Patches [your stuffed dog] on Top of Your Face Because Apparently That's the Only Right Way to Sleep. It seems shocking that someone cursed with NBA can also simultaneously be blessed with NATAPPOTOYFBATTORWTS. You are a medical marvel, my dear boy.

A few weeks ago you came to me, gave me a hug, and said you wanted to marry me. I don't think I've seen you look as sad as you did when I had to break the news that Daddy had already snagged me up. Your lip poked waaaaay out and you were a nanosecond away from turning on the waterworks. It was so sad. And so sweet. I assured you that you'd find a really nice girl to marry. And then you saw the bag of Oreos and our heartwarming conversation was a thing of the past. But you learned a good lesson, my sweet boy. Oreos are always better than girls (except for Natalie and me).

Hugs and smooches,
Mommy & Daddy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Headlines for September 9, 2014:
  • Wettest Day on Record in Phoenix, Flooding Leaves 2 Dead
  • Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 Downed by 'High-Energy' Impact: Report
  • Denzel Washington: I want to be the next James Bond
  • Harvest Moon Lights Up the Night Sky
  • Kate Middleton's Hyperemesis Gravidarum Explained


No comments: