Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Month 60 - Recap

My sweet FIVE-YEAR-OLD,
Yes, I meant to yell that part. I love birthdays and I love celebrating people and I love each new stage of my kiddos' lives. I've never been one to boo-hoo the passing of a previous stage; I'm the one who likes to look at baby and toddler pictures but doesn't long to relive those seasons of life again. So you being five is awesome, incredible, amazing, and such fun. You're such a great little boy.

I forgot to mention it in a previous recap but you got a ribbon in Ninja class for mastering the underswing move. What is the underswing move, you may ask? I have no idea. When I asked you, you were equally as clueless. Though you did provide this helpful tidbit of information: "Um, I think it was when I was swinging under something, Momma." Cool, thanks. That explains so much. Regardless, you got a cool ribbon. And when you're a kid, that's all that matters.

I made your birthday cake this year. You said you wanted a Lego birthday party, so a Lego birthday you had. And I made a Lego brick cake. Pinterest made it seem so easy ... famous last words. A few hours later and a few less-than-family-friendly words later, what was in front of me was a Lego cake. Or, well, a Lego-esque cake. Or, maybe, it perhaps would have looked like a Lego cake if you had the vision of Mr. Magoo and you didn't have your glasses on.

But the wonderful thing was that you liked it. You thought it was awesome. You thought it was the coolest cake in the world. And when you saw that I wasn't 100% happy with it, you put your arm around me and said "Mommy! It doesn't have to look exactly like the picture! I don't care about that! I think it looks awesome and I bet it tastes yummy!" I just love you, my darling boy.

(And you know what? It totally tasted awesome. Boom.)

Hugs and smooches,
Mommy & Daddy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Headlines for November 9, 2016:
  • Donald Trump is President-Elect of the United States (When you're older, we'll talk about this election, because DUDE. It was a hot mess. And this headline shocked practically everyone.)
  • Trump Captures Presidency in Stunning Upset of Clinton
  • Republicans Maintain Control of US Senate
  • The Canadian Immigration Site Actually Crashed On U.S. Election Night
  • 3 States Look Set to Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use
  • Prince Harry Condemns 'Harassment' of Girlfriend

No comments: