Friday, December 09, 2016

Month 61 - Recap

My darling boy,
You've prayed the sweetest prayers this month. I'm not sure if you've learned them at school or what - I need to ask your teacher about them. But when we do our family prayers before bed, yours have gone something like this:
"Dear God,  
Thank You for this day and thank You for Your love. (This is usually the standard prayer intro that you and Natalie use.) Please be with the widows and orphans and help the orphans all find mommies and daddies. And help those who are lost be found. And help those who are sick feel better. And please help our Christmas presents to be fun. Amen."
My sweet five-year-old is praying for widows and orphans, are you kidding me? My weepy Momma heart is a MESS.

Know what's also a mess? Your room. Know what's also a mess? Your ability (inability?) to share. But I digress. 

You had your Christmas program at preschool today. After all the kids loaded up on the risers on the stage, I could see you scan the audience looking for us. Once you found us your face broke into your huge Charlie Bear Grin. Then you tried to play it super cool by winking at me. Seriously. You winked at me. Then you gave me a little smirk. There you go making my Momma heart into another mess. Your special part in the program was playing the green handbell during Joy to the World. That song has never sounded cuter.

Just because my momma heart has been a mess this month doesn't mean it isn't pleased as punch with you and the young man you're growing up to be. My momma heart is full. Now go clean your room.

Hugs and smooches,
Mommy & Daddy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Headlines for December 9, 2016:
  • Obama orders probe of Democrat email hacks that rocked election
  • 4 Homegrown Zika Cases Found in Texas
  • Hero-Astronaut John Glenn to Lie in State in Ohio
  • Giraffes Could Face 'Silent Extinction,' Conservationists Warn
  • 'Will & Grace' star hints at reboot: 'There is a very good chance'

No comments: