Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kicking Grandparents

26 weeks, 4 days - my mom felt GB kick! My parents came over last night to drop off a batch of beef stew (when they cook something big like a soup or a stew, they always make extra and bring us a batch - they're so cute), and we were sitting around talking about all sorts of random-though-probably-baby-related stuff when GB started moving around like crazy. I grabbed Mom's hand and put it on my stomach and GB kicked!

Kicking grandparents will definitely be one of our rules once she's born, but for right now, it's totally okay.

Oh, and my mom decided she wants to be called Lu - I LOVE it! I asked her if she would spell it like "loo" and she said no, because she is neither British nor a bathroom in England. So "Lu" it is! (Granted, she might be called "Woo" for a while since I'm disovering that Ls are hard for some toddlers to pronounce. Thankfully, my mom thinks "Woo" is cute, too)

My dad has never really cared what he's called - his dad was always "Granddaddy" to my sister and me, and I think it'd be cute for GB to call my dad that.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Isn't fun for the grandparents to pick their names? And all of the grandparents for my kids are actually called the names they picked too - which sometimes doesn't happen. I think Lu is perfect for you mom. My kids have had problems with "L" at times. For instance, Lincoln says E-yi-ya for Elijah. So she might be "yu." :)

I'm so excited they got to feel her kick. Yay! I wish I could feel her too. :)

By the way.....what are you guys thinking for names?? Or are you telling?

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

I bet GB ends up calling her LuLu!