Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Farewell, Innie

Dear Innie Belly Button,

What can I say? It's been nice knowing you, and I do hope you'll eventually come back.

Over the past month or so, you've gotten progressively shallower and shallower. You spent a few weeks almost completely flattened out. Until now. Now it's like you have split into two separate beings, each with its own agenda.

The bottom half? You're still flat and have resisted the urge to turn into an outie. Thank you for that. Except you don't match your counterpart.

Because the top half? Yeah, we've got a problem. Apparently YOU think it's okay to break away from the pack and have a mind of your own. YOU think it's okay to poke out like a turkey timer. Do you two halves know how weird it is to sport a half-innie/half-outie? Very.

If I have to lose my cute innie belly button, couldn't it at least happen all at once? Is that too much to ask? Hey top-half, stop trying to be the hero. Slow down and let bottom-half catch up. And bottom-half, if you're eventually going to become an outie, just do it. Commit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how hard I just laughed after reading your post! :)

Lee and Suze said...

Wait till you see it - you'll laugh even harder!!

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

That is the funniest thing I have read!

Jess said...

MUST. SEE. BELLY. PIC!! Seriously, the last time I saw your preggo belly it was barely a little pouch. Now that you have an outie (half outie) you must be much bigger. :) And if you don't want to post it for the world to see at least email me one. :)