Monday, October 20, 2008

Tagged!

I got tagged by my friend Jessica, and I've been instructed to post seven random things about me (or The Adventures of Team Smith). So here goes:
  1. Watching Lee with our friends' 2-year-old daughter melts my heart and just confirms that he's going to be an amazing father. I am the luckiest girl in the world.
  2. I want to learn how to make biscuits ... the real kind - the ones made with shortening, butter, and everything else that's not healthy. I won't make them all the time, but I still want to know how to do it.
  3. I really love our church. I'm glad Lee and I have found a place where we can grow individually and as a couple. God has done some really amazing things in our lives.
  4. It upsets me when people tell me they feel sorry for our child because she'll have a birthday close to Christmas. Please don't feel sorry for her! She will be loved, well taken care of, and constantly told her how special she is to us. That's more important than any silly present.
  5. I'm so glad the weather is cooling off. I'm far less cranky and my hair looks much nicer in the fall.
  6. Taking off this semester turned out to be a great decision. I can't even imagine how stressed I would be if I had to deal with homework, papers, and tests on top of everything else.
  7. I love www.etsy.com. So far I've purchased a keychain, a diaper, and three prints for the nursery ... and there's only 412 more things that I want to get.

3 comments:

Jess said...

To make up for the joint Christmas-Birthday gifts, you'll have to celebrate her half birthday. ;)

I love etsy too. There's always something I want. Online shopping is a dangerous thing (and it gets worse when you stay at home).

OK, seriously, need to see a belly pic. And I would love to know what names your thinking.....or a post telling us all that you're keeping the name a surprise, or something. :)

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Well, I might been one of those you mentioned in #4. I feel badly for anyone who doesn't have a b-day in June or July. I love getting presents every 6 months. LOL! I know it's not about the pressies though! My poor dad's birthday is 12/31 and he never got b-day presents. But, his mom was pretty crazy!

Lee and Suze said...

Nope! You're not one of the people I'm referring to :)