Friday, August 29, 2008

Ankles and Freckles

23 Weeks - Today is the first day I noticed that I now have cankles. I thought I was going to be able to longer without getting swollen, but no such luck. They don't hurt, but they look like they should. I've been good about propping my feet on a footrest while at work but maybe it's not high enough. I'll have to be sure to put my feet up when I'm at home, too. Hmm ... relegated to sitting on the couch with my feet propped up on pillows ... that sounds pretty great right about now!

This pregnancy has shown me that I have a freckle that has, until now, been hidden. Now that my belly button is getting shallower (by the minute, it seems), I'm able to see it in a whole new light. And just yesterday I discovered that I have a freckle smack dab in the middle of my belly button. I never would have known that had I not gotten pregnant.

My freckle total is now 12,001.

2 comments:

Eric said...

My ankles didn't noticably swell with pregnancy #1. But then I had time to sit around. I started getting very uncomfortably swollen during pregnancy #2 when we moved to AZ (around 20 wks). It was a combo of chasing after a toddler all day and the extreme weather change. Don't worry - you'll get your ankles back one day. :)

That's funny about the hidden freckle. I was just thinking the other day how nice it is to be able to really clean your belly button when it's all flattened out. Your belly button will reverse and become an outie before you know it. :)

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!! I have a BB freckle too!!! I didn't find it until near the end of my pregnancy. I have a mole too, but that is TMI, huh?