Natalie Jane Smith has finally arrived!
Lee and I are quite delirious from a wonderful combination of overwhelming love and sleep deprivation - so I'll have to keep this short.
- First bad contraction happened at midnight on New Years Day - just as the pelican in Downtown Pensacola was dropping.
- Got to Baptist Hospital around 3am
- Labored until about 1:30pm
- Pushed for about two hours until she arrived at 3:43pm
- Lee delivered her! It was the sweetest, most wonderful thing ever. Just as Natalie was about to arrive, our midwife said "Lee, get over here and put on this gown and gloves and deliver your daughter!" He wasn't expecting to be able to do it (he and our midwife had been joking about him doing it for a few months), and I'm so glad he was. The look on his face was worth a billion hours of labor.
- She turned out to be the first baby born of 2009 at Baptist Hospital (a mom gave birth at Sacred Heart at around 1am on the 1st - that baby was the first '09 baby born in Pensacola). Baptist Hospital loaded us up with an amazing '1st Baby' present - a stroller, a carseat, diapers and wipes, some yummy bath stuff for me, a few toys (that just happen to be our exact crib bedding pattern), and some other fun baby stuff. 'Blessed' doesn't even begin to describe how we feel.
- Nursing is doubly hard when a baby inheirits her uncoordinated mother's coordination. Poor kiddo.
- 7lbs, 10oz
- 20 inches long
- 14 inch head (Hooray!)
- Head full of dark hair
- Eyes exactly like her daddy
- Long toes exactly like her mommy
- The most beautiful lips God has ever put on a person
- Cuteness level: off the friggin' chart
Here are a few pictures:
Welcome to the world, angel baby.
Thank you, God.