Friday, August 21, 2009

Pulling Up

She hasn't yet mastered the art of crawling, but yesterday she pulled herself up for the first time. We were at my friend's house and Natalie was loving all the new toys (side note: why is it that other people's toys are always better than your own?). I turned my head for a nanosecond, and when I turned back around, Natalie had pulled herself up on the toy basket. Although you can't see my face in the picture, it's a look that plainly says "Whaaaaa?"

Is she already bored with her version of crawling that she's moved on to bigger and better things?

At least she's aware of her enormous head, and has therefore assumed a position that counterbalances the weight of her noggin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, yay! She's getting so big! And if I remember correctly, both of my kids started crawling/scooting and pulling up within weeks of the other. E pulled up first, then started dragging himself across the floor soon after. Linc was the opposite though and crawled first, then started pulling up. It's scary though because they like to start holding your hands and "walking" soon after that. It happens so fast!!