Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween 2009

Even though Halloween is one of my least favorite holidays, I loved dressing Natalie up. And I love that she's too young to tell me that the costumes I picked out are [insert eye roll here] so lame. Because I know there will come a time where I have to tell her no, you may NOT dress as [insert generic pop icon here] because you may NOT dress like a hoochie.

(How come practically every costume geared towards females is skanky and inappropriate? Girls can't dress up like a normal nurse or a normal cop or a normal pirate. No, the options we have are a naughty nurse or a naughty cop or a naughty pirate. Not cool, Mr. Halloween Costume Industry. Not cool.)

Nat's "Cool Weather Costume"

Looking a little fed up with the wings
Shakin' her groove thang in her cool weather costume
She's not smiling - I just happened to take a picture of her
while she was in the middle of blubbering her lips
Me and my Nattie Chicken
She tolerated her silly costume quite nicely
Hot costume + sweaty baby = craaaaazy hair
Another mid-blubber shot
At Northminster's Fall Festival
Natalie is obviously not impressed with my attempt
at getting her to smile

Chicken Dance!
Dancing with Daddy is the best
At Calvary Chapel's Harvest Festival
Watching the big kids sumo wrestle
My love and my little (chicken) love
Believe it or not, she's actually quite happy in this picture
She flapped her arms/wings all day!
My happy little chicken

Natalie, don't look now ...
but you have a Daddy stuck to your bum.
She got very squeal-y when the music started playing
Chicken close-up!
Examining Daddy's eye

The most excited ever
Doing flips with Daddy

Upside down chicken!
She's so skilled that she can dance with her eyes closed
A break from the hot part of the costume
(And yes, I am your mother)
At our friends' Halloween/birthday party
She looks absolutely terrified ... not quite sure why
Quickly getting tired of the day's festivities
Post-costume playtime on our bed
Post-costume sweaty/curly hair
I have no idea where this face came from
Post-costume sock-eating
Post-costume flying with Daddy
Halloween smooches
Team Smith!
Wrestling with Daddy
Natalie is very easy to pin ...
And just because this is a cute picture, here's one more ...

1 comment:

jessie said...

She's adorable. And I just LOVE that you had costumes for both types of weather!! I hate seeing kids either burning up or freezing in their costumes. You're so smart, caring, and considerate, Suzie!! :)