Thursday, November 05, 2009

Standing Up

Natalie will stand unassisted, but only if someone helps her stand up, then slowly pries their fingers out of her hands.

Until today.

She was playing in her toy basket this morning, quietly babbling to her stuffed bear. I turn away for a second and look back - and she was standing up, quietly babbling to her toy keys. I stopped what I was doing and just stared at her ... my baby. My baby ... the one who seems like was born yesterday is now able to stand up without holding onto anything.

My baby ... isn't a baby anymore.

2 comments:

The Rudegeairs said...

Oh, Suze...she still has a lot of firsts. Don't worry, she's not heading off to college yet! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way when you and Karen did all your 'firsts'.

I wanted to keep you both little, and, while I was totally unsuccessful at that, I realized that I enjoyed each stage of your growing-up! I suspect you will, too! Be grateful and have fun every day. -M