Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weekly Natalie - Week 68

This past weekend, my parents, Natalie, and I met my sister Karen in Destin for lunch. I hate that my sister lives in another city, but thankfully it only takes 1.5 hours to meet her halfway. She hadn't seen Natalie since Christmas, so it was high time for a rendezvous so Natalie could show Aunt Karen her newest tricks.

There's a cute water fountain-feature in Destin Commons, and while I was 99.99% convinced Natalie would hate it, that .01% got the best of me. And shock of all shocks ... she loved it! I can add this to the list of water-related things that my bath-hating child likes. For the record, the list includes rain, water from the hose, splashing in water on her highchair, and now, the water fountain thing in Destin commons. But water contained in a white porcelain container? Oh no. She'll have none of that, thanks.

"Aaah! There's water spraying from the ground!"
Keeping a safe distance
Brave enough to get sprinkled
So excited by the water!
She's braver when Aunt Karen's there to hold her hand
Water - 1; Natalie - 0
Having a b-l-a-s-t
Gramma Lu teams up with the water ...
My three most favorite ladies in the world
"Hey kid. That sippy cup looks good. Give it here."
Natalie is a sweaty, sweaty baby. She comes by it honestly,
but still. When I get her up from her crib, she has the craziest
moptop known to man.
Exhibit A.
Exhibit B
She coordinated her outfit very well by choosing to
pose with her yellow duck
Hanging out in Daddy's shoes
This girl loves to accessorize. But I don't have the heart
to tell her that a too-small sun hat and Mommy's
hairbrush aren't the most fashionable accessories.
Marching around our room
Snuggling with the blanket
Hello, my pretty baby
Wavin' her hands in the aye-er,
like she just don't cay-er
Moptop Exhibit C
Modeling the fashionable Easter Egg necklace I made

No comments: