Thursday, April 22, 2010

Zoo Trip

We had our second zoo trip this morning! I took Natalie when she was 7ish months old, which almost doesn't count as a zoo trip for her. But now that she's curious about EVERYthing, I thought a trip to the zoo would be fun for her.

The weather was perfect - hot, but not too hot and not too humid. Even though I love cold weather, I really liked today's kind of heat. Side note: my kid is tanner than I am. Me = lame.

Natalie was only semi-interested in the animals. I mean, she giggled at the goats while I fed them and she squealed when she saw the monkey swing from branch to branch, but the highlight of the trip (in her eyes) was eating a turkey sandwich. I guess that's why kids two and under are free, because that's where my child's joy lies - in two pieces of turkey, a few slices of cheddar cheese, and whole wheat bread. She also liked picking leaves off the ground. Turkey sandwiches and leaves ... she's a simple child with simple needs. Oh, and she also liked being wheeled around in a wagon (but found the speed at which I was pulling her a little sluggish). Turkey sandwiches, leaves, riding in a wagon ... ahhhh, to be a 15-month-old ...

No comments: