Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fatty Fatterson!

I took Natalie to get a weight check today ... and she's gained 9 (almost 10) ounces in 9 days, for a grand total of 10lbs, 12.8oz! She had been hovering around 1/2 ounce of weight gain each day, but not any more. She's finally fattening up! We couldn't be happier or more relieved!

Natalie still has some stomach issues though. She cries after I feed her, which shouldn't be happening - babies are supposed to be happy and content after feeding. These aren't "hey Mom, I'm still hungry" cries; I've gotten pretty good at distinguishing those. These sound like "hey Mom, my stomach hurts" cries.

She's been on Prilosec for a month now, so I'm going to try the dairy-free thing again. When I did it before, she hadn't been taking the medicine for very long. And I didn't notice any difference in her with the diet change. So now that Prilosec has been her system a good while, I'm going to see if going dairy-free helps now. I'm also going to try to see if it's a wheat/gluten problem or an acid-y fruits/veggies thing. (Not all at the same time, of course!).

Dairy-free ice cream, here I come!

(by the way: dairy-free ice cream ROCKS. Seriously. It's amazing. I can hardly tell the difference between that and regular ice cream. I can't say the same thing for soy milk though ...)

3 comments:

beth said...

yay! so glad to hear she is doing well! have you tried rice milk? we like it much better than soy...

Lee and Suze said...

I haven't - but mostly because 'rice milk' sounds really odd to me :) But if it gets your seal of approval, I'll give it a shot!

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

wooohooo for baby fat!!