Monday, March 09, 2009

Hooray!

Natalie, you wonderful baby, you - thank you for sleeping from 10:30pm - 5:30am. I'm totally expecting this to be a fluke, but it was a fantastic fluke.

We put you in your crib for the first time last night. Maybe that had something to do with you sleeping for a long time. Or maybe being a fussy-pants for most of the day yesterday wore you out and you needed to sleep.

Daddy and I thought we'd wait until you were 3 months old before we transitioned you from the bassinet in our room to the crib in your room. But things changed. Remember how I thought the little piggy noises you'd make while you fall asleep were endearing? Yeah, not so much anymore. Now they drive me crazy (or crazIER, as your daddy would say).

And notice that I said that the noises drive ME crazy. Not Daddy. Either he falls asleep fast enough so that he doesn't hear many noises or the noises just don't bother him. You'd be in your bassinet, a veritable one-baby piggy symphony. Daddy'd be right beside me, fast asleep, a veritable one-man snoring symphony. And I'd be wide awake (though exhausted), trying not to glare at either of you.

So last night, I suggested to Daddy that we move you into your own room. He was fine with it. We turned on the monitor and listened to you grunt and snort for a while - then you fell right to sleep.

My lactation consultant suggested that to help with the transition, we should put you in the crib close to one of the ends - so that on three sides, it was sort of like you were still in the bassinet. That seemed like a good idea.

You went to sleep parallel to the side of the crib. You woke up parallel to the front of the crib. This just confirms that us NOT getting a crib bumper was a good idea. Your face was almost touching the slats of the crib, but you could breathe perfectly fine. I don't think I could have said the same if we had a crib bumper.

So ... yay for you, baby girl! Thanks for the sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~
Happy Anniversary, Auntie Karen and Uncle Mike!!

1 comment:

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

that is exactly why Avery was in my room for less than 3 weeks. She made so many noises and they kept me awake. Avery sleeps in the corner of her crib. Her head and face are buried in the corner...still!

YAY for extra hours of sleep! You know...maybe daddy's snoring was keeping her awake!