Thursday, December 03, 2009

Weekly Natalie - Week 48

I'm having a hard time accepting that it's already December. Seriously - where did 2009 go?? It feels like I'm scrambling around, trying to make time slow down. (And I'll let the Internet in on a little secret: I haven't yet figured out how to do that)

We're smack dab in the center of the holiday season. I love this time of year! I can't get enough of the smells ... pumpkin bread, fires (hopefully in fireplaces), fall-ish candles. And I love the chill in the air. There's nothing better than camouflaging a post-pregnancy stomach than with a thick, squishy sweater. I love how this season looks, too. I love looking at our Christmas tree, and I love checking out the decorations that people put up. (Though Guy-Whose-Yard-Is-Filled-With-75-Inflatable-Christmas-Creatures ... it's a little much, sir. It's okay to back off just a wee bit)

My parents met Lee, me, and Nataroo at the park behind our house for a little Christmas photo op. We couldn't get Nat to smile for NOTHING. We were dancing, singing, clapping, making goofy faces ... and what did we get from her? Frowns, Scruncher Bear faces (which do happen to be pretty awesome faces - but they're not a smile), grimaces, blank stares ... you get the idea.

Team Smith, in our coordinated outfits
Blowing kisses!
Lee and me, with our tiny, tiny child
She pumped her legs!
Waiting for me to feed her a Cheerio ...
"I don't WANT to pose for a picture ... I want to DANCE."
I just love that little kid
"Again, enough with the pictures - a girl's gotta dance"
Christmas Scruncher Bear
Me and my very unwilling photograph partner
Team Scruncher Bear Smith!
She hasn't yet learned that there are easier ways to reach toys ...
Trying to get rid of the holiday weight she put on
Working her core
There's my Scruncher Bear again!
Mean muggin'
That toy right there? She loooooves it.
And what makes it cooler is that I paid $1.99 for it at Goodwill.
(Take THAT, retail-price-of-$20!)

2 comments:

nicki said...

Oh Suze! You make me laugh! I love all your posts and I especially enjoyed a good dose of Scruncher Bear.

Denise said...

your daughter is adorable!
you should go to www.monkeybuttbows.com and send us an email with her name to enter for a chance at a free hairbow of your choice.....