Thursday, December 17, 2009

Weekly Natalie - Week 50

We're inching closer and closer to Natalie's 1st birthday ... and I'm inching closer and closer to being able to say that out loud without tearing up. I simply cannot believe that she's almost 1.

That this time last year, I was humongous, uncomfortable, and unbelievably antsy to meet our beautiful baby girl. I vividly remember talking to Lee about how "this time next year, we're going to have an almost-one-year-old". We just laughed; I couldn't imagine being not pregnant, let alone imagining what it would be like to have a giggly, squirmy, full-of-energy, heart-melter like Natalie.

And it's hard to believe that this time next year, we're going to have an almost-two-year-old. THAT is mind blowing. But I really shouldn't focus on that. Right now I'm focusing on how cute she looks in pigtails. I mean, PIGTAILS! They're so cute that they simply cannot be held back by lowercase letters. They're cute enough to warrant all caps PLUS an exclamation point.

See? Cute, huh? PIGTAILS!
Uneven, messy, but painfully adorable PIGTAILS!
She'd rather hold her pants than use them for their intended purpose.
Like covering up her chunky, chunky thighs.


If you need a second to recover after seeing this picture, I understand.
PIGTAILS! plus Scruncher Bear is definitely cute overload.

Fake smiler!
(Is this kid EVER going to get any more teeth?!)
All I have to do is say "Peekaboo!" and she immediately pulls her
bib over her face. It's a really fun game!

So excited to use her walker!

After almost a year of seeing the same light in our hallway,
she's still infatuated with it.
Cruised over to the door of the linen closet to give it a good smack

My PIGTAILED! tongue-flipper

I love my Scruncher Bear

5 comments:

nicki said...

There are no words...I simply can't get over how adorable she is. She should always wear pigtails!!!

Anonymous said...

She is one cute kiddo! So pretty in purple! : ) Merry Christmas to you all! -Melody

Miri said...

These pictures lit up my morning!

The Skippers said...

She is so stinkin' cute! I LOVE the pig tails.

The Rudegeairs said...

Speaking from experience, I have to warn you...your daughter will soon realize how adorable she is with pigtails and use this to get away with murder! It's impossible to stay focused on their naughty behavior when you're so distracted by the adorable chubby cheeks and the pigtails. Well worth the wait, right?! I <3 them!