Thursday, May 06, 2010

Coupon High

I've started getting really into couponing. I know, I know. It sounds so lame. But as a stay-at-home mom, I feel like one of my jobs is to save my family money. And coupons are a great way that I can do that.

I don't spend my Sunday afternoon clipping coupons and trying to line up coupons with what I want to cook for dinner that week. I just file the (unclipped) Sunday coupons by date and leave them alone. Then, when I'm ready to shop, I just go to www.coupon-chix.com and the work is done for me! She lets you know what coupons you need and in which Sunday's paper they can be found. So I find the coupons I need (and she always matches them up with what's already on sale) and go shopping.

And the best part? I rarely go to Walmart anymore. I save more money by shopping at Winn-Dixie and (hallelujah!) Publix!!

Today at Publix I bought 6 big bottles of Nivea body washes [3 for me, 3 for Lee], 1lb lunchmeat, 2 blocks of cheese, 2 packages of coffee, 1 package of daily facials and 2 boxes of Cheerios. For a grand total of $17.70. And I saved $46.74. And all I did was to combine coupons with things at Publix that were already on sale.

For instance, they had BOGO 8 O'Clock Coffee. So I get 2 packages of coffee for a total of $5.36 (which is a good deal by itself). But then I had a coupon that was $2 off of two packages of 8 O'Clock Coffee (that coupon-chix linked to that I could print from the internet). So I got 2 packages of coffee for $3.36 total. Walmart can't touch that. Sa-WEET.

I love saving money.

2 comments:

The Skippers said...

We did go to Palafox Pier. We should do a picnic out there. Lu loved it. I bet Natalie would too since she was a fan of the Commons. Let's plan something!

Craker Crew said...

That is awesome..I need a lesson...we are supposed to be getting a Publix over here...I have a lot of friends that do it and are great at it...so is Liz!