Thursday, May 06, 2010

Weekly Natalie - Week 70

Because of the success with the water fountain at Destin Commons, I (mistakenly) assumed that Natalie would get a kick out of a fun Nemo sprinkler. Oh my. When will I learn?

Dear Self: Natalie is wildly unpredictable. It's part of her charm. [At least, keep telling yourself that]. Don't try to figure this child out; your brain might explode. Love, Me.

You can see how cute the sprinkler is ...
thankfully you can't see that Natalie is having a hissy-fit.
At dinner one night ...
trying not to laugh at the silly faces I make ...
Can't ... hold .... it ... in ... much ... longer ...
Whew. Feels much better to let that out.
One of Natalie's favorite books is Mirror Me. I've been reading it
to her for a long time, and she just recently picked up on making
the right faces.

Earlier this week, she was really grumpy during dinner so I decided
to read Mirror Me to her while she ate. Here are the faces she makes:

"Baby MacDonald puffs her cheeks full of air. Puff- and blow!"
"Natalie puffs her cheeks full of air. Puff- and blow!"
(She gets more of a kick out of blowing than puffing)
"Look at Frog stick out his long, pink tongue. Blah!"
"Look at Natalie stick out her long, pink tongue. Blah!"
"Jane makes a supersilly face. Hello, little monkey!"
"Natalie makes a supersilly face. Hello, little monkey!"
For the record, I didn't teach her that Scruncher Bear was, indeed,
a supersilly face. She did that on her own. Awesome.
Admiring the tower of blocks that I built for her
(Gnatzilla tore it down a nanosecond later)
Apparently my little ar-teest doesn't want to be disturbed
Her first piece of art!

No comments: