Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am NOT the Next Food Network Star

Natalie is neck-deep into Picky Toddler-dom. She has a few things that I'm about 99% sure she'll eat.
  • Turkey sandwiches
  • Peanut butter sandwiches
  • String cheese
  • Pineapple
  • Banana
  • Pear
  • Sweet potato
  • Milk
And then there are those things that I think she SHOULD eat, namely because they're delicious (oh, and because I spent the time MAKING them.). She doesn't like trying new foods, which I hear is very common for toddlers. It doesn't make it any less frustrating, but at least it's normal.

So dinnertime is always a crapshoot. Will she spit out the food? Will she drop it on the floor? Or will she actually eat it? Unless it's one of the aforementioned foods, I'm usually sure she'll spit it out.

Except tonight. Wanna know what she's eating for dinner as I type? A scrambled egg mixed with cheese, turkey, and waaaaaaay too much garlic powder (it came shooting out of the container at lightning speed). And peas. PEAS. Eggs and peas don't go together, I get that. But she's too young to know that her mom makes weird concoctions for dinner in the hopes that it'll be toddler-approved while still getting in most of the food groups.

So I knew she'd hate it (because, frankly, I tasted it - and it was pretty gross). But boy was I wrong. She's eating this as if Jesus himself presented it to her on a gold platter. It's like she was thinking "Way too garlicky eggs? With PEAS? Are you KIDDING me?! Where have you been hiding this culinary masterpiece all my life?!"

I seriously can't figure this kid out.

1 comment:

jessie said...

LOL! That sounds like an interesting concoction! I'm glad she surprised you and ate it. :)