Tuesday, December 23, 2008

GB Countdown '08 (3 days left)

*looks down at my bulging belly*

Yep, there's still a baby in there.

We had another appointment today. Thankfully it seems that GB has indeed dropped. I didn't get checked, so I don't know if I've made any progress, but my midwife said that I was measuring (from the top of my pelvis to the top of my uterus) smaller than 39 weeks. Which means that GB has dropped lower into my pelvis. Which means ... hooray!

I was convinced that I was going to go into labor today - only because Lee had an endoscopy scheduled this morning, and I knew it'd be our luck that I would need to go to the hospital but Lee would still be doped up on his drugs from the procedure. So I'd have to drive myself to the hospital.

But thankfully GB held off - and thankfully Lee's endoscopy went well.

And hopefully GB can hold off from coming on Christmas morning since that's the only time that our midwife isn't available. Christmas morning = bad; Christmas afternoon and night = good.

It's hard to believe that it's already Christmas Eve Eve.

No comments: