Friday, December 19, 2008

GB Countdown '08 (7 days left)

Now that I'm so close to my due date (how did that happen so quickly?!), I figured I should start writing daily entries to keep our out-of-town friends and family updated on our progress.

We saw our midwife yesterday (12/18/08). I decided to forgo getting checked for progress this time. I hadn't made any progress at our last appointment and got a little bummed out even though I know full well that making progress (or not making progress) really means diddly-squat. So instead of getting my hopes up or getting bummed out unnecessarily, I'll just revel in my ignorance. I'll wait until I go to the hospital to get checked again.

The baby's heartbeat still sounds strong. And even though she's pretty much maxed out the available real estate I've provided, she manages to find room to wiggle and poke. My ankles and feet are channeling Fred Flintstone more and more each day - it's so not cute. My maternity leave starts Monday so it'll be easier for me to keep my feet elevated now that I'll be home during the day.

Our midwife will be out of town this weekend, so GB isn't allowed to come until Monday. (Not that we think she'll be early, but it'll be just our luck that she comes this weekend).

We're working on finishing up the nursery and hope to post some pictures soon. (here's a mental picture: celery green walls, espresso-finished crib and dresser, heirloom rocking chair, general baby cuteness, etc)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Weight gain: 34 lbs.

No comments: