Monday, December 22, 2008

GB Countdown '08 (4 days left)

Whose name rhymes with 'snooze' and is still pregnant?

Me.

I spent the day with my mom running errands and shopping for last-minute baby things (washcloths, a crib mattress, a changing table pad). It was a great way to spend my first day of maternity leave.

I seriously love the look on people's faces when they ask me when I'm due and I reply "Friday". Often, it's a look that says "Aaaah! Please don't let your water break all over my shoes!"

Maybe it's weird for someone 4 days away from her due date to be out running errands and visiting with friends, but I felt really good today. It's pretty crazy to think that the next time Lee and I see them, I could very well be un-pregnant. I've almost forgotten what that feels like!

2 comments:

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

hehe! I took my sister shopping the day after her due date. She got lots of questions too!

Jess said...

Due date, shmoo date. Means nothing. Not to my 11 days past due date son anyway. LOL

It's funny....each morning as I check for a blog update, I think if there is NOT an update, it probably means it's happened and you're too busy to post an update. So I'm almost hoping for no update. :)

I'm glad you're feeling good. And to be not pregnant again will feel different than it felt before you were pregnant. I'm afraid you'll never feel the same as pre-pregnancy again. Not a bad thing though. :)