Tuesday, December 30, 2008

GB Eviction Notice '08 (4 days overdue)

My curiosity got the better of me and I decided to get checked at my appointment this morning. I am 90% effaced, dilated 1 cm, and GB is at -1 station. So all of these silly Braxton-Hicks contractions have actually been doing something all along!

I have another appointment in next Tuesday. I'll get an ultrasound so they can check on the level of amniotic fluid, how active GB is, and how her lungs (and other important parts) look. Our midwife said that they'll monitor me for about 20 minutes so they can get a good feel for how GB is doing.

Assuming everything looks fine on the ultrasound and assuming I don't go into labor before next Wednesday, I'll probably be induced that day (or perhaps next Thursday). Next Friday is my 42-week mark and that's when I would get turned over to an OB. I've heard very good things about the OB I'm assigned to, but I've never met him - so I'd rather be induced by my midwife than by someone Lee and I have never met.

Induction is definitely something I'm trying to avoid, but if that's the only way to have the outcome of a healthy baby and a healthy mom, then sign me up! But hopefully we won't get to that point. Our midwife doesn't seem to think so - she's still got her money on GB coming January 5th.

And so we wait ... semi-patiently and over-the-moon with excitement.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Weight gain: +35 lbs. I lost 2 pounds since my last appointment ... it's weird, but I bet it has something to do with my last appoinment being in the afternoon and the one today was early in the morning.

And Lee shaved his mountain-man beard!! I'm ashamed to admit it, but I didn't hate the beard as much as I was thinking I would. He now knows that he is physically capable of growing a full and fairly nice-looking beard. But I'm so glad to have my strictly goatee'd husband back.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have my money on the first baby of the new year! :)

Lee and Suze said...

That'd be pretty awesome - I'm in full support of that!!

Anonymous said...

Since you two planned your wedding for April Fool's Day, it's only fitting that your baby be born on a significant day. I bet she's the first baby of the New Year. Think of all the free stuff she will get. Who doesn't like free stuff?

Lee and Suze said...

I totally agree - married on AFD, closed on our house on Halloween ... GB *should* be born on a holiday! And I'm not too proud to take some free stuff! :)

Anonymous said...

My God, are you still pregnant? Tell Lee to jump up and down on your belly.